11.01.2011

*nevada day (aka Halloween)


You might remember how I "pledged" to sew an hour every day for a week.  Well a couple birthdays that week, a visit from Ben's dad and a terrible bout of flu that weekend and I pretty much didn't do a thing. I cut the pattern out is about it.  With the sickness, things around the house were just piling up and Ben is really trying to get his 3rd chapter written on his dissertation - so I invited my mom to come help out for a week.  It was definitely a huge help for all of us!  In fact I'm sitting here eating fresh homemade bread with my mate as I write this :)  She got right to work on Vera's Tinkerbell costume [I did cut out and sew the petals!] which turned out amazing - so cute!!

ready just in time for the preschool halloween party:


sweet little sister moment:



The Halloween weekend was really busy!  She got to wear her costume to ballet - they were all so cute!  I think only 2 girls weren't wearing wings of some sort.


We may have started trick or treating rather early - I wanted Edie to get to go before bed.  We did a second round later with Graham which was really fun.  Graham was so cute - Vera kept trying to hold his hand and he'd wiggle out of it.  When I told them they were serious trick-or-treaters he said, "Me not trick or treater! Me fireman!!" :)  Vera kept saying, "I sure love trick or treating!  Why do I love it so much?"  She got a lot of candy.  I have never really liked Halloween - especially the gory, ugly stuff [and the pressure to have a creative costume], but it's fun to see how excited the little ones get.


We've recently met another neighbor, Evie.  She and Vera get along really well.  She was sooo excited when we rang their doorbell! 


 Edie kept trying to go in all the houses.





I love this costume!  Before Vera wore it, it was Marie's and maybe Olivia's too.




Vera wouldn't even pass this freaky cat to get to the door - I had to carry her.  Edie wanted to cuddle with it and flipped out when we had to move on:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun. how much more adorable could two little girls get??

momandpop said...

Vera's costume is luscious. I love the fabric you chose! And there's Edie-ola with the steady gaze.

auntie j said...

aww! what great costumes. seriously wishing we could have been there. what cuties.