7.01.2012

*weekend in Mevada

[Mevada - Vera can't seem to get that it's Nevada :)]

Summer is pretty busy this year!!! A couple weeks ago the girls and I went to Carson to help host a shower for Liz - a fun, pretty, classic ladies' tea. We had smoked salmon + herb butter and cucumber + mint tea sandwiches, cookies by Gianna, delicious chocolates and these brown butter cocoa nib cookies that I've been wanting to make for a while. My mom brought out all her pretty tea cups, silver and china and cut roses for her garden.








I made this fabric garland.  I got a little nostalgic making it, thinking of all the different fabrics coming together: things I've made for other people, fabric handed down from Grandma Kay, things my mom made for the girls and now all for Liz' shower and maybe she'll use it in her someday-baby's room :)




We also got to spend some time up at the Lake with Sarah and her kids - the weather was just perfect and the girls had fun playing in the sand... We'll be back there soon!


We were also there for my mom's 70th birthday!

We went out to the Ranch one windy afternoon to see my Grandma.  They played in the toybox and then we had cookies and milk at the table - so fun to see my kids doing the things I used to :)  Such a nostalgic place for me - even the sound of the wheels on the gravel road brought back memories!



 


 lots of fun pictures of my Grandpa JohnD around -
I know she misses him as much as ever:


My dad is always popular with the little ones.  Edie calls him Papa Thith and my mom Mamo Lala :)  Here is Papa Sam pushing the girls around on the train...


Here was Doctor Papa Sam removing Vera's funny bone. He also removed her gizzard and her appendix several times. She could have played this all day!


Elena happened to be in town the night of the shower and we got to hang out for a couple hours. I hadn't seen her in like 6 years! Our kids got along great - they pretended they were ants and collected every single pillow ["crumbs"] from my parents' entire house and put them on the top bunk. 

No comments: