1.01.2014

*navidad 2013

We really had a wonderful Christmas and week prior with Matty and Melissa here. I'm bummed because I ordered photos from my phone and then deleted them before I uploaded to computer, so I just have a few.  I'll find more somehow and add later...

I'd say the highlight for me was just spending time with family, lounging about and watching the girls love our visitors - makes us wish all over again we could just live close enough to do that anytime. Another highlight was the Christmas Eve service at our church - such a great, solid message, absolutely beautiful music and then a walk back through Boston Common - getting the girls excited that Santa was out there on his way.

Christmas Eve:



Normally I would say something like this is ridiculous and corny and takes away from the message, but our pastor really did an amazing job captivating the church with an excellent sermonette.  This is Ben who volunteered to open one of the gifts on stage - he "won" a pretty awesome flashlight : )



Matty took this of us on the way back from our night out [no kids]. We looked around the Boston Public Library before drinks [a super fancy bubbly water for me] at the historic Fairmont Hotel in Copley Square, then a cold and rainy walk down Commonwealth Avenue to the Eastern Standard near Fenway Park for dinner.  Loved it : )  


I love a fancy old hotel - especially at Christmas time!



Italian pastries in the North End:


these two LOVe Melissa, totally enamoured : )



our backyard:


Lobstah feast at home - turned out well!! boys did all the work, I made coleslaw.


hermanos:


I'll scrounge up more photos...

No comments: