5.22.2009

*el jardín


We got home from New York City [!] last night. I'll post pictures/stories later, but will share now that we came home to a blooming garden. Irises and peonies and wildflowers are blooming and there's tons of cilantro and parsley. The beets [yes, rivaling Shrute Farms] are almost ready to harvest - maybe we can do it early and have fashionably baby ones.


I've never been successful with cilantro before, and am so happy to have so much! While it lasts this recipe is going to be a staple. So so good and addicting - I got it from chowhound.com.

Cilantro Rice
for each cup of rice - any type:

cook with 1 tsp salt, then add following, pureed:

2/3 C cilantro
1/3 C chopped onion
1/4 C scallions
1 jalapeño (I did half and it was fine for Vera)
1 Tb. lime juice
1.5 tsp. olive oil.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Sounds delicious...we've got some cilantro growing as well so I'll have to try it!

Anonymous said...

ooh, gonna try cilantro rice tonight! sounds tasty.