6.11.2011

*ocho mesitos!


8 months already!! I hate to say it, because we all know it's true, but time is flying by. Seriously! Now that she's past the small baby stage, I want it to slow..down.. We all love this little cutie so much - she brings so much happiness and fun into our lives. She's on the verge of crawling, maybe another week or two [Vera crawled at exactly 8 mos.]. She has two little toofs on the bottom now and her hair is growing and not standing straight up anymore. She's finally started to seem interested in reading books, or is at least noticing the pictures. She's never been either excited about or averse to baby food, but seems to really like the tiny [more like micro] bits of solid food I've started giving her: mango, avocado and grape so far. I have a horrible suspicion that she is going to have major problems with dairy, which would be -to quote Vera via Strawberry Shortcake- the worst thing that could happen!! I'll try yogurt again in a month or so - the two times she's had it she seemed to have a major tummy ache the rest of the day: hopefully it's just coincidence. I just love her little babbling voice, when she puts her head on my shoulder, how she's started to suck her thumb [today she fell back on her head and was crying pretty hard. I cuddled her against my chest and she leaned against me, sucking her thumb for several minutes - it was really adorable], how she loves to laugh with Vera: it's all so fun.

She still doesn't nap well - anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour (once in a while longer). Nighttime is much much better than my last report. She goes to bed between 6-7 and sleeps until 5-6am when I feed her and put her back down for another hour or two. If she wakes before then I ignore her and she falls back asleep on her own pretty quickly, usually without even crying. She's been sleeping downstairs in the guest room for a few weeks now which has helped - it has actually been really easy! One night [the one I proclaimed on facebook] she slept alll the way through. It hasn't happened again, but I'm fine with waking once a night.


Every day when she wakes up from a nap we knock on Daddy's door to say hi and play a couple peek-a-boos. She gets so excited - I love it.


hanging out with daddy for a minute

No comments: