5.17.2012

*

A blog I follow is having a "pantry/freezer challenge" - motivating me to get through as many meals as I can using the things I have already. I was quite proud of myself last night being creative with what I had on hand. We had leftover salmon and pasta. I made a pesto with arugula, lemon juice, Parmesan, pine nuts, green onions, parsley + salt and then mixed it into the penne with some ricotta [from like 3 weeks ago - we always have remnants of this kind of thing that never get used] and some pasta cooking water. Yum I loved it and so did everyone else! It's a proud moment watching your 1.5 year old eat arugula :)

Tonight we'll have burgers - making a dent in the dozens of buns leftover from the graduation party! Maybe making this "public" on my blog here will keep me accountable and we'll save some money this month and get that freezer cleaned out...

2 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

YUM! I have made a few times a Giadda recipe...avocado and arugula pesto pasta, it is so good and so easy. A few times I have put half spinach and half arugula depending on what is in the fridge and the kids eat it up!

Schilb Family said...

Thanks for the inspiration!!! Planning my meals this week with what I have on hand. My freezer definitely needs to be used. :)