5.20.2012

*el domingo

At various points in the last couple years I've wanted to do regular "Sunday afternoon" posts. Aren't Sundays the best? The morning structured by church, home for a nice-ish lunch [well we used to do that... today I stood over the counter and scarfed leftover yogurt dill dip and crackers..] and then naps and the afternoon free to be together as a family. Especially in Spring - I mean it can't get any better. I took a couple first of the girls eating their popsicles and playing with the hose and decided I would take pictures the rest of the day to share here. Ben worked until after Edie's nap and then spent the rest of the day with us - it was really nice :)

I love to ask the question, "Who wants ____??" because Edie always replies "meeee!!!" no matter what you fill in the blank.  In this case I was asking if they wanted popsicles - I wish I had a video of how excited she was. Vera obligingly came to sit so I could get a picture of them:


They could have stayed here playing with the water the rest of the day:

...but we decided to go for a bike ride! We rode to Whole Foods which is just a little ridiculous... I mean in the "look how sustainable and cool our family is" kind of way :)  But I've always wanted to ride to the new store as it's not that far and I just love the idea of riding your bike wherever you need to go [sigh.. Missoula].


On the way back we stopped at the park for a while. It is always packed on Sundays which is actually kind of fun and festive.  Ben watched Edie as she went down the slide over and over and I sat on the [fake] grass and relaxed which was quite a treat. 


After dinner I planted our tomatoes, beans and beets and then Tia came over and showed us how to see the eclipse through binoculars. So fascinating! I had thought I would just watch it later on the news [lame, yes] but am so glad she stopped by.  I took this picture of her silhouette on the door:


A pretty nice day :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Looks like a nice day for sure. Love seeing Edie in little dresses- adorable!