5.04.2013

*la niñez

*childhood*

I read this post recently and I got a little lump in my throat it was so sweet.  Everyone tells you how fast it goes and how you have to hold on and appreciate them when they are small.  Lately I have been letting Edie especially just be a kid - when we go on walks I try to not be in a hurry and let her walk along every curb, climb up on the fence, look at the bugs, push the stroller.  After school I try to let Vera play in the school yard as long as she wants with her friends - they go back by these trees and have some sort of hidden treasure they collect and protect.  I feel like Vera - despite a crazy difficult emotional and sassy stage we are in the middle of - still has so much childlike innocence about her and I love when I see it.  I just went back and tried to find some recent pictures that capture the essence childhood... the sweetness, the innocence, their little ways of being a child  :)  Just a few:

One such morning in Boston, walking along the curbs:


Taking a picture to show Tia how she painted her own nails - with markers:


waiting for their ice cream at the neighborhood shop:


cracking themselves up by spinning and throwing grass in the air:


little huddles around chalk:


extreme excitement over these prepackaged snowcones from the ice cream truck:


No comments: