10.12.2013

*Edie's 3rd birthday party



Yesterday Edie turned 3! She has been talking and talking and talking about when she'd be 3, and I don't think she was disappointed: pure joy all day long.  I wasn't sure exactly what we would do for the party, but everything came together the two days before - I work better that way anyway.  It was a really fun party and I think all the kids had a great time.  I even heard one 6 year old say it was the funnest birthday party ever! That sounds successful to me :)

Helping me make cupcakes [from a box, glad I wasn't ambitious here]:




Vera was excited to help decorate too - I saw her even straightening all the chairs outside on her own :)



I found the little crown I made for her 1st birthday.  She wore it just long enough to take a picture, though not a decent one...


Here's where I said, no! show me a princessy smile:


I just found these from her 1st birthday party - so cute and tiny!  I'm all sad now missing Utah :(





Everyone played well in the backyard.  After the cupcakes I had them play one little game where they wore little ribbon "tails" out their pants and ran around trying to capture each other's. It was hilarious and Edie was deliriously happy.



I wanted to do some sort of messy cooking-like activity because that is what Edie loves.  I bought mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, gummi starts and icing pens for them to decorate. I put one drop of food coloring with their frosting so they could mix it up - everyone thought this was incredibly fun!!  I really wish I'd taken pictures of their cupcakes, they turned out so cute.









4 comments:

Schilb Family said...

Such a sweetie!! I'm also loving these pics as I feel like I'm getting a mini house tour. So beautiful! Can we get an official house tour sometime, too...please?? :)

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

yes! I love it. I'm obsessed with REAL birthday parties. Real activities that aren't just a dessert table. This is perfect! :)

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Yes! What Katie said. We NEED a house tour!!

Jenny said...

I love your birthday parties. I know I always say that, but I do!! What a fun messy baking idea! So great. Of course, I wish we could have been there! Jen