8.21.2014

*Ruthie turns 1/2

Ruth turned 6 mos two weeks ago now [taking me forever to get caught up!].  I felt like she came home from our trip West a totally different baby - sitting up, eating solids, falling asleep on her own for naps, taking long naps, riding in shopping carts [ie. carriages here in NE], sitting in high chairs....  the only thing that really isn't any better is her night-sleeping.  She wakes up usually 3-4 sometimes 6 times.  I usually let her cry to sleep if she wakes before 11pm...  I really don't want to let her cry all night but I also can NOT keep waking up like this!  Other than her nights, she is such an incredibly easy and happy baby right now!!  I think all the travel really made her very flexible. I do still have a suspicion that Vera was an easy baby but that I was so obsessed about her naps and my own independence etc...

She was around 16 lbs at her 6 month appt. I think 68% - don't feel like getting up to find the printout...  Anyway, we are all just so in love with this little bug!!  Here is our little smartie just after nursing in Harvard Yard a couple weeks ago:


this was at Tahoe - a little before 6 mos when she was still a little wobbly - I just love her smile here:



almost time to put the mobile away - all 3 babies have loved this and it makes me sad to take it down for *probably* the last time. 


She's not eating a ton of food yet, but does really well with it!  I like the idea of the whole "baby-led weaning" approach to solids, but am too wary of choking. I've been giving her little bites of things though instead of always purees and she does really well, doesn't seem to have an issue with texture. She seems to love carrots especially and after every bite does a little jumpy dance in the highchair :)




No comments: