8.11.2014

*tahoe 2014!


We got back a week ago from our big trip out West.  Already seems so long ago.  Ben got to take a class at Harvard this summer [colonial history of New England], and so was only able to join us for 6 days in the middle of our trip.  I've traveled quite a bit without him, but this seemed the longest and I missed him a lot.  Not just for the sake of help with the travel, but just for our family to be together!  

Here we were on the 3rd and last leg of our trip - I saved the movie for the very end to make sure everyone was "good" the whole day - works well that way!  It actually went really really well - I was pretty exhausted, but it was definitely manageable.  All three girls were champs and people are really so helpful.  The flight attendants on this flight even offered me a glass of wine - with a straw :)


made it!  First dips in the water with the cousins:


meeting Uncle George:

The older girls were all so nice to mine!

Tahoe sunsets are so beautiful!!


We got to see Boone!! He's still living with my parents - happy to be with his buddies.

Can't right this picture... Ruthie and her best baby friend, Avery [Tamara's baby - 3 weeks older!]

playing with Tyler who is almost 18!!

A friend lent me this ring sling and it worked like magic to get her to sleep!!  I wanted to take a picture of her every time, it was so adorable.  It was so helpful on the plane and any time we were away from the house.


I love this scene!

Vera's friend, Greta, from our time in Carson. They had so much fun together.

Look how tall Jamesen is!! She's taller than me, I still cannot believe it.

Edie had this super clever idea to keep her feet clean. She brought a bucket up from the lake with her shoes in it and then when she got to the pavement she dumped the water out on her feet. It was so cute!! Personally, I like to keep sand on my feet as long as I possibly can - it's always been one of my favorite things [well just with Tahoe sand].


These ponies were available to ride one day in South Lake Tahoe. Edie said she wanted to but once we got closer she was either too nervous or too shy to even look at it. So funny.





Long power outage one night - my mom cutting vegetables here by lantern light and Sarah outside cooking the spaghetti on the grill!


first boat ride to Emerald Bay!

she loved all the attention from everyone - lots of loud, happy growling noises :)

picnic at emerald bay:




just realized I don't have any pictures of Ben! I'm sure I do.... will add later hopefully.

***

No comments: