7.29.2008

*happy birthday peanut!


This is one of my favorite pictures.  I took it with my cell phone in the hospital room on Vera's first night.  Ben had gone home to sleep and it was just me and her.  I remember it was [finally] really quiet and still and I just stared at her sweet alert little face.  It was surreal after all that waiting to finally meet her, and looking at the picture fills me with a sweet sense of nostalgia for that moment.

Happy Birthday Vera!  
We love you so much - we can't even believe how much!

6 comments:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

Happy First Birthday Vera!! We love you:)

Emily said...

Yea! Happy birthday sweet girl!

Hechung said...

Happy Happy Birthday Vera!!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

I can't believe it has been a year already! Happy bday baby!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday little friend...we think you're wonderful! Jenny, Joel, Sam and Amelia :)

Em and Jud said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Vera! Sending you (and your mom) lots of love! xoxo