8.09.2008

*12 month snapshot


At 1 whole year Vera:

*loves ice cream, popsicles, grapes, bananas, and really all fruit minus cantalope. green things? she likes avocado and green grapes. she liked pesto once too.

*loves to chase and be chased. around the 'loop' of her room/living room, around the furniture, across the bed...

*likes to put my shoes on for me [this involves holding my shoe up to my foot]. likes to put my shoes on herself [this involves placing her foot on the shoe].

*likes to hand me anything when I say, "oooooh can I have that?"

*loves dogs, birds and ducks. especially ducks.

*says duh [duck], dah [dog], da [dad], doh [no - she just repeats this one back to me when I say no, don't touch that - very cute.]. no 'mama' yet. i think she's trying, but doesn't know how to say the mmmm sound. if I remember correctly from linguistics she instead achieves a bilabial fricative: bbbbbbb. I kind of wish she had some more words, but I think she's been focusing on getting around.

*has 4 almost 5 teeth!

*gives her toys/books kisses, but none for mom and dad :(

*is just learning to sniff flowers - so cute.

*only just doubled her birthweight!! we need to load up on the peanut butter and ice cream, like I said.

4 comments:

Melissa Abby said...

She is so little! Grant probably weighs as much as her :) Give her some peanut butter already!

Anonymous said...

AHhh! I miss her. Have fun in Rock Creek. Get lots of video ;)

Ardy Pozzi said...

wow! i can't believe vera is already a year old! i bet you feel the same way!
ardy

sarah said...

annie, I love that girl so stinkin' much!