8.07.2008

*[a rant]

I was looking at one of my most favorite blogs this morning and suddenly felt like my head was about to spin off. Literally, like one of those robot girls on Austin Powers. There is just so much creativity and pretty things out there, so many people with seemingly simple, clean, well-designed lives. And I start thinking how I wish I could have this or that, or make that one thing I wanted to, or frame those pictures I have, or paint the kitchen set, or start making those cards, or take those pictures I thought about and my head starts spinning. So I go upstairs and start cleaning up the kitchen again. I mean I have all these big plans for a beautiful/creative space to live in and I can't even keep the kitchen counter clean [the endlessly messy kitchen is becoming a real source of anxiety..]! And it's not like I don't have the time, I mean I find the time to post cute pictures of Vera almost every day, right? So I sat down to read my devotional and -like always- my head gets filled with all the above [that's a whole 'nother topic which I won't get into here]. I continued to think about this blogging [ew, does anyone else hate that word?], and I realized why I like to post so often. Well for one, it's fun. But also, I can get on the computer and find a nice clean crisp picture of my sweet baby and post it on a nice clean white space. There aren't any paper scraps to clean up and I don't have to locate anything hidden away in a messy drawer. So in that way it's a good thing because it allows me a little peaceful project for the day. On the other hand, I need to balance things a bit. So just right now I decided: I am not allowed to post anything until 1) the kitchen is clean. 2) I have read my Bible or devotional and had some quality quiet time.

ok, thanks for listening. and um I'll post a cute picture of Vera later because I found my camera battery charger!

4 comments:

Familia Gonzalez said...

Hi Anne, I have the same prob with my kitchen and should have the same rule to not do anything else before those 2 things-time with God and kitchen or house for that matter. Oh but it is so easy to avoid the messes:) good luck!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Keep that kitchen clean! I can't take another computer scrapbook (is that better than blogging?) hiatus!

Unknown said...

oh anne...........sigh................

i have those crazy tornado thoughts as well.
what shall we do with ourselves ?
speaking of, you just reminded me to clean my house- and get off the computer. ah! caught!
bye!

anjuli paschall said...

hi!
so many times i have had the same conversation in my head :) i guess i am learning about how 'blogging' (i agree that i don't like that word) can in a way be a spiritual. At least for me, it is a way for me to proccess my life and thoughts, who i am, and who i am growing to become. That in someway God is as present and loving you while you blog as he is when you are cleaning and reading your bible. I hope that you find the right balance in your life. thanks for sharing.