12.04.2009

*maravillo

We got a Christmas tree yesterday and I couldn't stop wishing I had my camera.  Vera was sooo excited to go get it [though a little confused and disappointed because she'd thought we were going for a Christmas treat] and then sooo excited to set it up and decorate.  I can't explain the wonder that she showed in it all and the little bits of understanding that I saw light her little face.  I got a little choked up watching her walk around the tree, touching each ornament and shining Ben's headlamp on each light ["drying them" she said] -- oohing and aahing and saying beau-ful! so pretty!  We also have the sweetest book from the library right now - a watercolor-illustrated version of the Nativity story.  It's amazing to be able to tell her the story and see her understand little bits of it - like little baby Jesus sleeping in the manger.  It's been clear to me why it is so wonderful to be a parent - to see your child so happy, discovering beauty and the experiences of life.  That's all. I didn't have a camera to catch the action [a good thing I think], but I do want to remember it all. 

1 comment:

Em and Jud said...

How wonderful, Anne! And so special to prepare for Christmas this year with Vera understanding (and LOVING) it so much more! It brings so much more meaning to the season. Love to you all!