7.02.2010

*habla y habla

Yesterday I didn't feel well and so I laid on the couch while Vera took care of me, letting me hold Bunny and her blanket.  She brought me toys and food and talked and talked and talked.  I had a little notebook next to me, so I wrote down things as she said them.  I know anyone feels the same about their own child, but I couldn't stop thinking this child is magical, I LOVE HER.  I love how she takes her experiences and phrases she learns from me, books and -yes- videos and strings them together into random strings of consciousness.  

Guess what??! [whispers] You get a milkshake!  and you'll go to the SWIMming pool in a few days and 4 minutes when Stella gets here after your quiet time. That will be so EXCITED!! [arms up]

in a few days ago and 4 minutes it's your BIRTHday but you have to wait until it's fall I'm going to make you a cake with cookies and brown things and cupcakes!!!!  you can have a vegetable after your cookie and doughnut and cupcake.

but it has not sugar but it has a little sugar. [whispers] but guess what we're gonna make milkshakes and icees!  that sounds so YUMMY!!
 
[off in her room preparing my treats, singing] so we gonna get princesses we are princesses all of my heart la la la dee da. jesus loves me this I know school school don't be late! sign your name at the golden gate v-e-r-a cinderella dressed a yell-A went upstairs a kiss a fella made a dadala kissed a snake...

I'll sing one more and then I'm gonna go, okay sweetheart?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally hear her saying all of this- so cute! Even though I am not her mama I have to say that I think she is magical and amazing too! Hope you are feeling better- we miss you guys! Jen

Anonymous said...

this is just the best.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

how on earth did you write fast enough for that last entry!? :) priceless.