7.06.2010

*vegeteriano

I have been using epicurious a lot lately. I have an ingredient I want to use, I enter it in the site and then sort the recipes by rating. One that I've made 3x in the last month are these Spiced Lentil Tacos. The first time I told Ben what we were having he made a comment about including hemp and sprouts, but then proceeded to eat five and declare them amazing and delicious.

I always read the reviews and make little alterations according to their advice. Like in this recipe, use less salt and not a whole packet of taco seasoning [simply organic has a good one].

Crispy taco shells make it real yummy, but last night I made whole wheat tortillas with coconut oil and they were good. I also used baby onions from our garden! and some fresh and crispy cabbage, yummm. The best part though is the chipotle sour cream, using these:


Unfortunately I tried to sneak in too many of the lentils and cabbage in Vera's "quesadilla" and I think it was a little too spicy for her. At one point she said she couldn't eat it because her "teeth were too white." Dinner was not a pleasant experience, hence no photos of the finished product.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, slipping in a few vegetables doesn't work with Henry either. I made the Fresh Corn Salad I have on my blog last night and he gagged on every bite. Little stinker! The last time I made it he ate it no problem. Kids are so fickle.

I've been thinking about trying Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook "Deceptively Delicious". http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/

JJ said...

Sounds yummy! I've got that Deceptively Delicious and love it!! Get it from the library because it's more about learning how to sneak things into your foods than it is about the recipes (at least that's what I took from it).

sarah said...

Just wait until varah starts telling you 'my glands are making me spit' then you'll know you're in real trouble :)