8.08.2011

*el hambre

I just posted a bunch of pictures of new dress up clothes for my 2 healthy, happy, sweet girls. As I uploaded the pictures, we were watching the evening news. I often stress about having too many clothes and toys, and we were hearing about 37THOUSAND children dying of hunger in the last months [I didn't catch the exact time frame.] One mom walked 3 months toward food, losing 2 children on the way. It just makes my heart break - it is so incomprehensible, and makes me feel silly attempting to put such tragedy into words. I mean we're meeting at our neighbor's tonight for burgers and beer and birthday cake. I really hope that I would "pray without ceasing" for these hungry families, for grace and mercy and food. As broke as we are, we can still afford to donate something! Here's where we do.

1 comment:

Salway said...

well put, Anne. :)