8.05.2011

*the lake

A *few* more pictures from Tahoe....

Edie's first time on the sand. I was worried she would eat big mouthfuls, but she mostly picked it up and held it high, watching it fall, ran her hands through it. I did have to watch closely [I only actually laid down or closed my eyes on the beach like twice] or she'd eat a rock, feather, pinecone or piece of trash.

Vera and Marie are exactly 3 years apart:
Dad/Papa Sam/SamWard:
my handsome husband:
poor thing couldn't move:
on the way to Emerald Bay [saying that just got the M.S. Dixie song in my head]:
my Grandma Kay came up for the day, it was so nice to see her with all the great-grandchildren:
Vera and Eliot. They had a LOT of fun together - playing [and bickering :( ] like brother and sister. Ay, every year she learns a few new bad habits.
Liz and Sarah:

on our 7th anniversary - the little bday party for Vera and Marie. We're hoping to go out somewhere fancy this week or next...
the two biggest cousins - they were so sweet with both Vera and Edie!
Vera loved blowing up the inner tubes. The first day she blew it up all by herself and was so so so excited to float on her own. "Look I'm floating!!" over and over and over. I then went up to the house while Sarah watched her - they came up about 30 minutes later with Vera wailing because she'd "sunk." It was pretty cute listening to her story of how it happened :)

Cute mom+daughter:
cutie patootie. I loved looking at her cute little diaperless bottom in her swimsuit :)

We had a no TV policy and so Spitfire and Speed became the games of the day:

Dana, Tim, Ellie, baby Edie (barely 3 weeks! Dana is amazing) and Maiga came to visit for a day which was so great! Maiga came up for another day the next week - so fun to see her. I hope we can go visit someday - she lives in Hamburg just a 4 hour drive [according to google] from Stella in Holland ... maybe we can arrange it. If everyone reading this sends me $25.

cookies! Olivia was so kind and patient with a very eager helper:



No comments: