10.24.2011

*un añito








One year!  Forgive me for saying that I can't believe our little Edie is one!  Seriously, we all just think she is the cutest, most wonderful little thing ever.  How fun this next year is going to be as she starts talking and playing and dancing and learning :)

She is walking a lot now - reminds me of my Grandma 'Dine with her short little steps, arms at her side.  She says uh-oh, leaf, book, bird, baby, hot, mama, dada and up [most of course in a way that only the mama can understand] and will try to repeat the sounds of anything you try to get her to say.  She rarely does it in front of anyone else - you'll just have to take my word for it!  It makes me wonder if she will have a good ear for music or other languages?  She also signs more and baby - I LOVE seeing a baby sign baby :)   She communicates very clearly when she wants something or wants you do to something for her.  She hands you the thing and says dis! and then you do it and she pushes it back again, dis!  She's also showing her little temper.  Cute now, but not for long!  Today she got so mad that I wouldn't let her play in Boone's water - poor thing it was so cute and funny.  She loves to pretend with an empty bowl and spoon, to open and close doors in the toy kitchen, to tickle our toes, read books. Loves her tubby, waking up her sister, cuddling with her Puppy, blowing kisses, putting tops on things, playing "I'm going to getcha!"....  She is generally pretty mellow and happy, though like I said, in the last weeks we've seen the infamous little *will* emerging. 

She is pretty mini - at 17 lbs. in the 2nd percentile for weight!!  Partly because she had a little stomach bug over the last couple weeks, partly because she isn't a big eater.  However, I am going to be a lot more purposeful with her meals now.  She does love cheese and yogurt and avocado and peanut butter, so that's good!  I have been terrible at giving her a good variety of things, especially vegetables.  I haven't given her straight cow's milk yet.. since she had the little tummy issues the last couple weeks I thought I'd wait.  I have given her a couple bottles of almond milk and she really likes it.  I plan to keep nursing at least a couple more months - she's more into it than Vera was, so we'll see what happens.  I seriously didn't think I would make it this far with all the painful issues I had the first 3 months.

Anyway, that's our little Eden at un añito 

1 comment:

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

Aw! Happy Birthday little lady!! When did she start getting so blonde?