3.14.2012

*2 comidas

I thought I'd share these two winning meals we've had this week.  The first is a recipe that I got from the chef at that restaurant I worked at a few years ago and haven't been able to find since then - though I knew I'd made it once and it was a hit.  He wasn't really excited to share the instructions to his own creation, but I got it anyway  :)  I love it because it is cheap and delicious and a good way to get my girls to eat some protein without knowing it!  I scribbled the brief recipe on a notepad:

Pasta with Chickpea Sauce
boat ton of olive oil + chili flakes [his words - funny another chef's recipe I have calls for a sh*t ton of something :)]

add onion [finely chopped or in cuisinart], rosemary, thyme [whatever you want, oregano sounds good too?]

add pureed chickpeas and some whole san marzano tomatoes [pulsed the chickpeas in cuisinart unti smooth. this time I just added a few regular canned romas and broke them up a bit, hardly any of the sauce]

That's all I had written - minus the notes I took now.  When I made it the other day, I added some of the cooking water from the penne to the sauce and grated some good parmesan and made sure to add plenty of kosher salt. It's kind of a funny color, so it's not the prettiest - but super tasty.  We all loved it! Next time I will be sure to have some really good quality olive oil on hand to finish it with.

***
This next one was a "go-to" from one of the ladies at the mom's group I attend.  It is so easy and so healthy and delicious - I'm determined to make it one of my regulars as well. The girls had something else, but I bet they might even like it..

Kale and Sausage
Brown sausage [I used this uncooked chicken, spinach feta from Harmon's, but she says she uses any kind] in a pan with some olive oil and a few chili flakes. 

A minute or two in, add chopped red onion. Saute until sausage is cooked through, browned and onions are nice and golden [they started to burn a bit which was the tastiest part].

Add washed, chopped kale and saute just a minute or two until it is wilted. Top with kosher salt.


No comments: