3.14.2012

*familia

My parents and brother+nephew were here [at different times] in the last month. Besides the fact that Edie sleeps 100x better in her own basement room and has to give it up when visitors come - we LOVE having family.  It just makes me ache inside that we don't live down the block from grandparents or cousins.  One reason it was so sad that Ben didn't get the job in California - I let myself get so excited thinking about being near the Caters.  

Anyway, here's a cute little video of Papa Sam and Edie:





Someday we will have more seating both in the living room and at the dining room table! someday :)




We do live near my oldest brother which has been really amazing as I never really knew him that well otherwise [he's 12 years older]. His kids are a lot older than ours and are really busy with sports and activities, so we don't spend a whole lot of time with them. Vera has always been enamoured with them though, and I was especially touched how Katie spent time with her this last time we were there for dinner.  Edie doesn't know them really well but you could see she was 'enamoured' as well :)  This was the night we were there with George and Tyler - I thought I had a picture of Edie and George but I think it was deleted somehow.  She was a little shy with him until he started feeding her his ice cream and brownies...


No comments: