8.30.2012

*last days




Uploading some pictures from my phone from our last weeks in Salt Lake: 

I did plant a small garden this year.  I ate the green beans with pasta a few times and Edie ate all the sun gold tomatoes - no one else got any :)  My roma plants did really well but I only got to eat a few before we left.


This was such a cute photo session with Edie and Jubilee :) ... and :( 

 
Of course the moms don't ever get a picture together until the last moment.  I love this friend - that statement doesn't say much.. but the tears streaming down my cheeks at just writing them do :(


I just love this one.  Sam kept running after her as we were leaving, giving her a dandelion or whispering something silly in her ear.


Last bike ride to the library:

Wednesday night at Bryan and Jen's with takeout Chanon Thai.  Moved on afterward to Tia's backyard for more wine and some fun little presents for Graham and Vera. I put Edie down at home and came back over - when will I ever have such an awesome setup where I can put my baby down about 25 feet away from the party?

 

Someday I will have a garden as successful as my neighbors':


Tia's dirt pile:

taking some last pictures before we headed out... this is the bottom of the closet door where we had marked the girls' growth... read closely :)

As you can see, Vera liked to get measured.

Playing at the Gateway fountain with Jack and Fiona.  These two friends just click. And of course I have no picture of their mom and me :(


Dinner at Pago with my dear friend Shannon.  We had some special treatment, including a little series of mini appetizers like this gazpacho here.  I loved seeing the girls enjoying such a delicious gourmet meal!  Shannon is such a wonderful friend, I'm so glad we met at that ill-fated restaurant job a few years ago :)


Building fairy houses around this tree at Liberty Park... I hope we meet some good friends here that will play like this with Vera.  She was driving me nuts this morning - I think she needs her friends.


We had to get out of the house for a showing and so went to the park where Graham and Vera ran through the fountains, they were pretty funny:


It's so sad [sorry you're probably like O-K Anne I get it that you're sad :)] to do that final cleaning in your empty house.  A little easier knowing that we'll be back at some point in the near future.  Should have gotten the biggest Uhaul :/


Just about to leave...  looking at this picture makes me glad at least that drive is over!  Whew - 10 hours by myself in the Volvo with 2 non-napping girls and a bunny.  I treated myself to a grande coffee frapuccino with an extra shot in Elko :) [usually a regular ol' latte kind of girl]


 ***
there will be more!  I need to peruse Ben's phone....   and I still need to make the blog private. I figure Mr. Stalker can see where we used to live :)

No comments: