1.23.2008

*or anne

The reality is, it's most likely "or anne" who will be doing most [all] of the postings on this blog. Although the site is mostly for me to share pictures of my sweet little Vera, I'm also going to use it to ramble on about other things that interest, excite or inspire me. This is going to be difficult at first as I have a hard time sounding natural in a journal-like setting. I'm much better at writing letters - when I used to try to keep a journal, I'd have to start it off with "Dear Tamara," in order to get the writerly flow moving.

So, here's something that excites me lately: my new metal crate that I use to store all my letter-writing materials. I wish I could say that it's a flea-market find, but I actually got it at one of those stores that can charge a ridiculous amount for a metal box because they make it look so stylish and flea-marketesque. Anyway, it makes writing letters that much more fun.

3 comments:

jen gotch said...

i need to write more letters. thanks for inspiring me. oh, and sometimes, you just have to buy stuff at those overpriced stores. i certainly do.

Anonymous said...

That's a very cute basket. And if it's any comfort to you, I probably would have paid as much for that basket at the Long Beach flea market as you did at the store. Oh - and yeah, the teddy bear. I didn't see him on The Morning News b/c I haven't check it recently. I should though. Liz shared that little bit of joy with me some time ago and I admit I've been neglectful. ;)

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

Maybe you could start with "Dear Vera"....