6.16.2008

*and a river runs through it

Salt Lake is growing on us, but I don't think we'll ever get over Missoula. Of course it wasn't perfect - a bit isolated, in the midst of bear country [if you know me at all...], and far away from family - but by the end we were pretty devastated at the thought of leaving. It's just such a one-of-a-kind place. I miss riding my bike everywhere, I miss walking down the street and knowing the people I see, I miss the Good Food Store, Scotty's Table and baguettes from Le Petite Outre. I miss our tree-lined street, I miss running along the Clark Fork...

I miss our friends. such good friends:

I miss our cute little [money pit-of-a] house:


I miss the rivers:



I miss all the dog-friendly [you can't take your dog anywhere here!] hiking trails within minutes of town:

..and yes it's a little silly, but I miss my old stove that didn't work well which didn't matter because it was so cute:

oh and I miss my green kitchen too:

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I can certainly understand you missing that beautiful, unique place but we're sure glad you are here! Really glad. What would I do without you?!?!?! Don't goooo!!!

Okay, I'm calm now. Just got a little worked up thinking of you moving or something:) Jen

Beth Lillstrom said...

We miss you as well! But we are so glad that you are enjoying life in Salt Lake.