6.09.2008

*summer

My brother gave us free tickets to "Paddlefest" yesterday and so we discovered a beautiful little reservoir just 15 minutes from our house. I could not stop laughing at Vera in her life vest. She didn't know what to do and didn't make a peep/move the whole time.



*********

Also, this weekend we finally got our vegetable garden planted. Ben built a cute little fence to keep Boone out using leftover wood from our neighbor's remodeling. We also cleaned up the flower beds and transplanted sod to even everything out. As Ben continues to remind me, "the yard's lookin' real good."

4 comments:

Jeremy, Julie, Eva and Kate said...

i started laughing out loud (by myself) looking at vera in the vest...too cute!
Yard is lookin' good. can't wait to see the veggies.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

that fence is so ryan's style. ben - i can't even imagine what the two of you might build together from scrap wood. remind me to tell you about his aerator shoes he made.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

she looks so cute. i bet that was the stillest she's been in awhile.

Jenny said...

oh my gosh--that cracks me up!! Reminds me of sam and amelia in their new bike helmets--they do not look like happy campers:) Love the fence and am so proud of you guys for getting your veggies planted!!! Jen