6.12.2008

*red butte gardens

It rained hard in the morning yesterday which clearedthe way for an amazing afternoon [did you know we sometimes have the worst air quality in the country??]. The 3 of us went up to Red Butte Gardens - acres and acres of hiking trails and ponds and beautiful greenery. The view of the valley and mountains was amazing. They have the sweetest little children's area with little houses made of vines and lily-ponds and a scent garden... Really, it is so amazing to just watch your little one exploring and feeling things out. Vera was quiet the whole time we were there, just taking everything in. She was hesitant to touch or smell anything until I had done it first. It was really sweet and I had the best time just holding her and watching her. Anyway, we got a membership [Jenny, we have to go!] so I'll take my camera and get some better pictures next time.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, I can't wait to go!! Also, you are a posting machine--I'm inspired! See you two soon, Jen

Em and Jud said...

What a fun day! Also, your garden looks and sounds wonderful--so special to have that space! I can't wait to hear about the veggies this summer. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm running out of ways to say this... she's SO friggin cute!