12.17.2008

*

A few things about Vera lately that I want to remember:

°She's really into praying before meals now. She likes to hold hands and bows her head in a funny little way. When we finish she says ah-me! and then signs "again." Last night we prayed "again" at least 10 times.

°I love how she makes her stuffed animals and dolls do things. Over Thanksgiving I noticed her play-feeding Bunny. She put down the spoon, signed "more" with his paws, and continued the feeding. He and the other little friends also sign thank you and wave bye-bye. One day after I showed her how to slide off the couch on her tummy, I saw her sliding Bunny off on his tummy too. Last night, I think she was trying to put Bunny in a sling. She had one of my tank tops around her neck and was trying to stuff him in too ... I wrapped it around and they hung out like that for a while. It was mpossible to get a good picture:


°Last night she discovered that she could blow out votives and wouldn't let Tia [our neighbor] rest until she'd re-lit them 20 times.


°She loves to brush her teeth and I can guarantee if I start brushing mine, she comes running from wherever she's been for her turn.

°Tonight she stuffed some brocolli up her nose. Ben laughed and called me in to see. Hopefully he remembers next time that you don't laugh at those things! She was still snorting out brocolli by bathtime.

°She loves shoes and hats. She always labels our shoes and hats: Mama! Daddy! Mama! Yesterday I thought she might have labeled one as Vera's! She says her name like a Vvvbbbba breathy type sound. Her friend Amelia has this same hat and she labels it too:

1 comment:

Jenny said...

She's pretty amazing--that's for sure:) I can't believe she makes her stuffed animals sign!!!!!!! So adorable, Jen