6.02.2009

*

We're in the middle of a couple of really rough days. Out of the blue she won't go to sleep at bedtime, wakes up for hours at night and won't take a nap without an hour+ fight. She's totally fine right up until I go to put her in her crib - which just 3 days ago she would ask to sit and play in. Yesterday she was literally falling apart all day - that combined with the heartbreak of hearing your child cry and cry and cry and being stressed with an all-of-a-sudden overloaded schedule has got me pretty down and stressed.

It's easy to just walk to the park and do the same old route, but thankfully today I had another idea. I hitched up the trailer to my bike and we went out for some Italian ice. No matter Vera found it too cold and preferred the pretzels - the beautifully thunder-clouded day and fresh air did us both some good. After we stopped by Great Harvest where the kind cashier let me take a loaf of bread for free since I didn't have enough. On the way home we stopped at the park and Vera went down the slide to her heart's content. Our troubles aren't over as I'm hearing her upstairs whimper Daddydaddydaddydadadaddy dooowwwwwn! but I was so thankful for a good afternoon. Pray with me for little V to feel safe and know she can just fall asleep...

3 comments:

momandpop said...

I will thee to sleep, Voovee.

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

I will pray. It is so hard to hear our little toddlers cry -- their emotions feel so much more "real".

Anonymous said...

hang in there, Anne. prayers comin your way. on a happier note, we have watched that video of Vera saying her name over and over. she's such a sweetheart.