6.06.2009

*work notes


So I've been officially working for just a few weeks now. I obviously can't go straight to bed when I get home, so here are some random thoughts:

*I am learning so much! It didn't take long for me to feel confident in being able to explain the difference in types of risotto rice, how the lamb sweetbreads are prepared, who provides the mirasol peppers, how he makes this, how I wish my mom prepared cauliflower like this, how easy to drink this one wine is, how the only thing I wouldn't order for myself are the raw scallops...

*I have been reminded of my love for 1) whipped cream [we have a rosemary whipped cream on a dessert and I got to try a spoonful. I was thinking to myself as I have often in the past, "I LOVE WHIPPED CREAM" when my boss came up to reprimand me for not clearing some plates - :) ] and 2) deep fried risotto cakes, similar to arancini. Ours are topped with lemon-preserved mascarpone and baby arugula. I could eat them all day. 3) arugula salads.

*My boss is a *&%$. I've never had a boss like this.

*I had a couple tonight from Guadalajara and they insisted that I conduct the whole service in Spanish - even describing the cheeses and all dishes: made my day.

*I miss Ben and Vera. She took the first weeks of training well, but now she sees me getting my black pants and top on and starts to loooose it. I think of them often during my shift and say a little prayer for them. I didn't realize how much 4 nights a week away from home would be and I don't like it.

7 comments:

momandpop said...

Touches my heart.

Jenny said...

mine too:)

Anonymous said...

[big hug]

erica said...

i can hear you speaking in your writing and i love it ... miss you

Anonymous said...

i like reading your random thoughts

Melissa Abby said...

I was wondering how it was going...thanks for sharing

Ardy Pozzi said...

anne - tell me about your job! why did you decide to go back to work?!