3.21.2010

*25%

I love to think in terms of percents - and today I'm at 10 weeks which means I'm 25% through this pregnancy!  Thank you all for your sweet congratulatory comments :)

Some [honest] thoughts on it all:

::I feel very lucky in that I haven't been that sick - just a little bit here and there if I need to eat something.  Also super-tired in the afternoons, but I've even seen a lot of increase in energy in the last week.  I have had a bit of insomnia, lying awake for a couple hours in the early morning which isn't fun.

::At first, though I was excited, I was actually more anxious than anything.  Anxious because I'm afraid of the end of pregnancy when things are hurting and miserable, anxious about how I've already gained a ton of weight, anxious because I will probably have another enormous baby (V was 9lb 5oz), anxious about the delivery which did not go as I'd hoped, really anxious about the recovery - last time it was a literal war zone down there, and especially anxious about where this baby will sleep/nap in this small house and how it will affect Vera's sleep.  How's that for being positive?  :)

::Ben finally got through to me one day when he put his head down on my tummy and said "hi!" - wait a minute, this isn't a pregnancy, a birth, a hundred or so stitches, this is another CHILD. of OURS. that as hard as it is to fathom, we will love just as much as we do his/her big sister.  And so I started to get more excited and started to let some of the anxiety go.  I'm trying to pray a lot and think very positively, know that everything will be ok - that my feet won't stay swollen, that the pain will go away, that our kids will learn to sleep, etc. [tho I would appreciate any advice from any of you moms of 2!] 


4 comments:

JJ said...

Congrats! So excited for you guys...

jfoster said...

Wow, you said it! I am feeling those exact fears! We just put the sonogram pics up of the fridge last night, makes it more real, seeing that little bean everytime I open the fridge (which is alot lately) Glad that you are feeling good.

Maria said...

Call if you need any support about joining the second Mommy's club......but here are a few happy thoughts. I too had a war zone with Camdyn, and only 1 simple stitch with Lilly....Lilly was also smaller than Camdyn and the birth was TONS easier (though a bit longer). Also, lots of worried about Camdyn sleep and that has gone MUCH better than planned! You will be fantastic!

Beyondpeasncarrots said...

For me the anticipation of having two was a lot worse than what has unfolded. The "unknowns" are the hardest part when you are pregnant, but somehow it all comes together.... The sleep thing has not been a problem for Madeline (she was not a good sleeper for her first 18 months). She is old enough now that she sleeps through things and plus a sound machine sure helps.. If you have any specific questions you can always email me...