3.26.2010

*hermanitas

Vera and Stella have gone through many phases of getting along - good and bad.  We're in a really good one right now.  They totally act like siblings, slyly pushing each other over in the stroller, telling me "she looked at me/she touched me!" etc., usual problems with wanting the toy the other one has, etc.  In between the minimal sibling-like drama they have so much fun together, loving to make silly faces + noises, dancing, singing, hugging each other [mostly Vera trying to see if she can make them fall down] and lately some pretend play together [Stella is still a lot younger, but still tries her best.  Have I mentioned that she is quite the precocious child?  She knows ALL the words to Sound of Music, Annie, and countless other songs.  It's crazy].  It's been a great experience watching another child, having the opportunity for Vera to learn to share her things and her time as well as just developing a solid little friendship.

::little doctors::

"lipips"

::falling down::

::some halloween costumes we had in the closet::



2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are sooo cute.
Amelia and Sam always include Stella in their conversations about Vera these days:) Tonight before bed it was all about a bear hunt they were going on...you, Vera, and Stella included! I can't wait to hear her sing Annie songs! If I would have been precocious as a child, I would have known beloved Annie songs by two as well...as it is it took me like 4 times to even spell precocious correctly so it goes without saying that it took me a wee bit longer to learn those wonderful, wonderful lyrics!

jennifer l-w said...

Oh Anne (and Jenny) thanks for including Stella in your play time! She has learned so much about friendship and sharing-- though we have a ways to go-- from your angels! Great pictures, Anne!