3.27.2010

*right now?


I've been thinking how I want to make some doll clothes, but just haven't got around to it.  So today she needed help putting her baby's pants on and I said, do you want me to make her a skirt someday?  And she said with butterflies on it?? Right now??!  And I thought a second [I was lying on the couch reading a magazine].... well why not?  I happen to have some fabric with butterflies on it and in like 20 minutes had made simple little elastic skirts for Bunny and Baby!  So easy.  

I've tried to do that lately - if I'm not doing anything and have the time, why not just do something when I think of it??  Otherwise it takes me about 6-12 months to accomplish anything.  I recently made finger puppets one afternoon [like FIVE minutes] and some of these fun drawings - when the idea occurred to me and the supplies were handy.  Beats having a millions lists lying around that will never get looked at twice!  

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Seriously impressed. Wowers, I so know what you mean about it being now or never!

Unknown said...

I have some fabric scraps with purple and pink sparkly butterflies on it if you want. I can bring it to church.

I have lots of fabric.

JJ said...

I hear you! My list gets longer and longer. Just made some sweet bunny finger puppets for Levi's Easter basket, they were super quick and easy:
http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2010/3/21/mollys-sketchbook-bunny-finger-puppets.html

Anonymous said...

you're such a good mama. look at vera's bigger-than-ever smile. so cute :)

Erin Dahlgren said...

Easy for you!! So nice that you are so skillful with sewing. Vera is adorable. Hope you're feeling well. =)