3.14.2010

*biggirl

Ben and I are in awe and in love with our ever-growing and changing little girl who dresses herself, goes to the bathroom by herself [we're trying underwear tonight!! fingers crossed] and is able to talk and reason more every day. My goodness she loves to remind us that she's a big girl.  She'll even tell me that I am - wow, Mom, you did the dishes??  That's a big girl!   

The last couple weeks she's starting going to the big kid Sunday school at church all by herself.  The pastor has the kids all sit on the steps for a mini sermon [really deep, of course] before they head off to their classes.  The first time she did it by herself was when there was a baptism - all the kids watched the new baby welcomed as part of the church.  I specifically remember when she was baptized, thinking how one day she would be big enough to sit there on those steps.  And now she is!!  It blows my mind.  Our hearts just swelled with adoration this morning as the pastor called the kids forward and she jumped up and ran down the aisle by herself, and then later on to class among all the older kids - looking a little lost and overwhelmed but confident at the same time.  A month ago she would be hysterical if I attempted to leave her in the nursery during church, now she does it all my by self.  Just a little moment I want to remember.

No comments: