8.29.2010

*


Vera got this great sandbox for her birthday and sadly doesn't use it as much as I'd hoped. I'd imagined her workly diligently in there by herself while I worked in the garden or inside. The thing is, she needs a playmate! If a friend comes over she loves to sit in there and fill up the dump truck or make soups and cupcakes and ice cream cones, but by herself it usually doesn't last long. It's also been so hot. This was the other day when we had a fabulous cool breezed afternoon. I went outside, sat myself down and ordered some cupcakes. She served up a whole buffet, including one delicious milkshake made of salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard and sprinkles, mmmmm.

Related, my friend Jenny found some amazing posts about outdoor mud pie kitchens and I am in love with them!! Someday I would love to have this kind of backyard with fun little nooks such as these and these.

and then more corn husking... we are doing a CSA plus food co-op plus our own garden and are up to our ears in corn ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

up to our ears in corn :) no pun intended, of course.

love the mud pie kitchens!

Mike said...

Matching outfits sort of! Anne, that color is great on you!

Hi Jedge!

ann.e said...

well thank YOU for that shirt, I love it :)