11.08.2010

*sonrisa



Edie was 4 weeks old yesterday! So far I'd say she is definitely different than Vera was as a newborn. For one, she sleeps all the time, usually taking a good 3 hour nap in the middle of the day, lots of little ones here and there and then goes to bed around 8-9 and sleeps till 1-2am. I have no idea how she knows it's "nighttime" and should sleep long then! I hesitate to write it here, thinking I'll ruin my luck [but I don't believe in luck right?!]. She is as fussy as any other baby, but definitely seems a little less feisty than Vera was and doesn't think it's the end of the world if I set her down for a moment. In fact, I can sometimes lay her down awake and she'll go to sleep! It is crazy. She's smiled 2 or 3 times in the last couple days at very random times - making me wonder what was so happy :) I was snapping these photos yesterday and happened to catch one! Little sweetie, we can't wait to see her little personality develop.

3 comments:

Erin Dahlgren said...

How exciting - love the last picture. You're a doll, Edie!! xoxo

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

must be the clothes she's wearing. she's got paigey vibes. man, i miss having an easy sleeper for a baby. maybe i shouldn't have let ollie wear pierce's hand-me-downs. haha.

Em and Jud said...

Oh Anne, I love all these new photos! Vera's morning hair is the best (and I think it's fabulous that she responds to sticker charts!) and Edie, sweet Edie. I just want to snuggle her too! Enjoy!