11.21.2011

*el bautismo


I recently realized I didn't print any pictures out from last Thanksgiving and have been going through some on the computer to do so.  I don't think I mentioned it back then, but we had Eden baptized that weekend since Ben's family was here.  I do regret a little that with all the Thanksgiving busyness it seemed like a hurried affair - I remember realizing as I sat down in the pew that her gown was on inside out!  Anyway, I'm glad I have this sweet picture.  I really love the way our pastor does baptisms - it feels very meaningful and special and genuine as the church welcomes the child into the family.  Whether you believe in infant or believer baptism [or have no idea what I'm talking about], the church is making a vow to love and protect and teach that child about Christ. Our church does feel like a family - we've started so many meaningful relationships there.  Personally I have learned a lot about loving God through serving others - there are some amazing people there that I look up to in this way.

Back to the baptism.  Look at my two sweet girls there - here's a reminder for me to pray and pray for these two little souls every day.

1 comment:

auntie j said...

you're right -- your church does such beautiful baptisms, esp the whole church singing and greeting its newest member. there was no fighting back tears, both times. ')