11.09.2011

*la abuela



I have a picture of my mom and newborn Edie in this same spot one year ago.. will find it.

My mom is so.... productive.  She doesn't give an extra thought to baking bread or sewing up a doll dress or fixing Bunny's face, making a Halloween costume, baking a pie... What is wrong with me?? Seriously I think a major hindrance is this internet!!  So many ideas, but I spend most my time collecting the ideas and little effort implementing them.  One afternoon while I was working, my mom got Vera started on her own little flower embroidery. It didn't take a Soul mama book to inspire it!  I really want to be more like her [and Ben's mom too] in this way. Once I publish this post, and check facebook one more time [jk jk].


I'll post a picture when she finishes - it's really cute!  

After my mom had left I caught this sweet moment of Edie looking at the pictures of both sets of grandparents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the internet, if I spent as much time doing other things as I do surfing, my house would be immaculate, my children well behaved and I would finish what I've started.

auntie j said...

this is so sweet. and i LOVE hearing in the background ben reading *jaberwocky* to v. and her chuckles. the best.