11.15.2011

*insólito [random?]

I can't find my camera.  I'd really like to get back to posting our daily life - I just love to have it to look back on.  Let me think of some daily life going on around here...  Vera and I have started [only a few so far, and definitely not a habit yet] having a little devotion time in the morning. I figured it wasn't a bad thing to use chocolate milk as a bribe to get her to sit down with me for a few minutes to start our day off right - I mean I have my mate right?  She memorized the first part of Psalm 23 a few months ago, so I read that to her and then we each pray for something.  This last week I read with her in Galatians about 'the fruit of the spirit' being love, joy, peace, etc.  It's really neat to talk to her about these things and to hopefully be touching her little heart.  She really is a wonderful, sweet little girl. She loves us so much - always telling us so, and always including how much she loves Edie and her friends too.  Anyway I was saying she is really a wonderful little person - who still struggles in big ways with wanting to do things her way and not wanting to be corrected or disciplined.

Edie ... wow she is really her own person too.  I don't know quite how to deal with her little bouts of aggression - you tell her to not do something or take her away from a situation and she swipes at your face or grabs your hand to bite you!  For now I calmly hold her hand away and say ouch that hurts, you may not hit, etc.  or put her down away from me.  She really is the cutest little thing though, I still can't get enough of her - just watching her toddle around accomplishing her little baby plans. So stinkin cute.  She signed "please" yesterday trying to get some of Vera's chocolate ice cream - it was really cute how quickly she learned it to get that ice cream!.

She is sleeping amazingly right now - at night from about 7:00pm to 8:00-30am!  She sometimes wakes once in there and if she doesn't settle down quickly I go feed her, just hoping I don't encourage a bad habit!  She doesn't take a morning nap anymore, but does take a good 1-2+ hour afternoon nap.  I know everyone is really interested in all this!  Speaking of sleep, I always wondered when Vera would sleep soundly enough that we could go in to tuck her in or just look at her sweet sleeping face.  Sometime in the last year it finally happened!  She is sleeping right there next door with the door open and we go in and out of her room, the bathroom, do the dishes and she sleeps through it all - I love it!

Lately Ben has been writing non-stop. Literally all day, every day, late late into the night.  He takes a break usually between 5-6 when we eat and he gives Edie a bath.  It's crazy and he is so tired.  I'm really proud of him - I mean I would have crumbled about 5 years ago!

All right, there were some random thoughts.

No comments: