10.21.2012

*la fiesta

We had a little party here on Edie's birthday with a few neighborhood families.  It was really simple, but all the kids seemed to have fun!  Edie was so different than I remember Vera being.  Vera has always been very... exuberant and lively and so excited about her birthday.  Edie seemed to get more inward and embarrassed every time you said happy birthday to her!  She didn't seem into the party at all until my mom showed up with the cupcakes - she then sat at the table and looked at them until it was time to sing and eat :)  Afterwards, I think the chocolate got to her and she opened up a bit and played.  I imagine much of it has to do with the fact that most kids she hangs out with now are older than her.

Anyway... here are some pictures from her little party:

 my mom made the cupcakes - they were, of course, delicious!!!

 chocolate-frosting buzz

2!

I made these felt penne, tomatoes, spinach and cheese for Edie and am a little proud of myself :) Only $2.80 and it was so easy!  Vera made her several adorable cards and a paper iphone

playing in the girls' room


a delicious and fun birthday lunch with Tia at Finca - it is fun to share a birthday [almost] with my little girl! Edie is opening her first very own laptop [my 'peeta!]


1 comment:

auntie j said...

ooh these are such great pictures. & especially love the felt pasta, etc. SUCH a wonderful idea.