10.01.2012

*septiembre

I've never really experienced Lake Tahoe in the Fall, but I am finding out just how lovely it is!  It is perfectly pleasant, quiet, uncrowded, wonderful.  We have been up at my parents' house almost every weekend and just love it.  We jokingly call this time in our lives The Great Depression [happens Ben is also reading a huge book on the topic, besides the fact that he worked 8 years only to finish during a literal Great Recession], and then equally joke that having a lake retreat at our disposal doesn't really fit in the picture of  despair :)

This may have been the last warm weekend - though I guess in the Fall, you assume every weekend is the last!  Anyway, it was so nice up there - I felt all warm and fuzzy and happy inside: reading my book, having a beer with Ben, watching the girls play, spending time with my parents, finding pretty rocks...



I never tire of this scene - I'm sure I have at least a couple dozen photos of it:


not an exciting video, just capturing the peaceful mood. I do love how I was able to document how Edie answers every question with "I dunno!" and then the answer- in this case, Lake Tahoe:


1 comment:

auntie j said...

*I* feel all warm and happy inside just reading this :) Glad you guys are soaking up this time.