12.26.2012

*feliz navidad 2012

I wanted to get these pictures up before things get crazy with packing!! We had a wonderful Christmas yesterday! It was the first Christmas morning we've woken up in our own home - so fun to set out our stockings and the cookies and milk, open presents at our own pace, etc. Vera is extremely into Santa and fully believes - kids have even told her he's not real and she doesn't believe them

***

Santa's big presents were a razor for Vera and a tool box for Edie :)  I'd say Vera's favorite is the Cinderella Barbie-ish doll which she slept with!  Ayyy I've come a long way :)  They also got new jammies to go with the new bunk bed with help from Lola and Pop-pop that will [hopefully!!] be waiting for them in MA.

***
This is the cardboard gold-painted star Vera made all on her own:







There was one little tiny present I wish I tool a picture of - it was really a jar of face cream for me, but Edie was convinced it was a little kitchen for her doggie :)


Edie had her first candy canes this year and looooves them!!  She also loved her little Mickey doll - though when Ben tried to put him in her bed last night she threw it out with vigor :)


Edie loves her doduts too:


Matty got them an original lite-brite!




So many wonderful gifts!  I opened up a couple big packages from the Caters the night before and set them around the tree - looked nice and full and beautiful :)  They wrapped everything up so pretty and had nice little notes on each present - it really felt like they were here with us.

part 2 coming soon..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Henry desperately wants Santa to be real also, even though he has been told the truth. I had to keep reminding him the Christmas was about Jesus, NOT Santa. He told me in exasperation, "but Mama I know he's real, I saw him!" My sister had taken them to see the Zoo Lights and they sat on his lap.