1.01.2013

*navidad - parte 2

All of my siblings' families, except Liz and her new husband, were here for Christmas. It was nice that we didn't have to travel at all... but to be honest, this might have been one of the most stressful holidays! I guess because we were trying to organize to move across the country while attempting to get to my parents' fairly early each day to spend time with everyone, help with the craziness of serving dinner for 20-25 each night, deal with total potty-training regression and a 5 year old who unsuccessfully tries to fit in with the older cousins by turning on the extra-silly factor :/ Anyway, despite all of the above, it is still always so wonderful and refreshing to hang out with family - I just love everyone so much and love having time to converse and just be together.

Here are some highlights...

Edie walking up to their house Christmas morning. She was so cute clutching her little friends :)



helping in the kitchen - wearing a little bib I used to wear:

all ten grandkids:

in the kitchen ... food was obviously delicious all week long.  Not on purpose, but every single recipe I suggested or made was Barefoot Contessa.  Her spiral ham, tabouleh, hummus, sun dried tomato dip, roasted eggplant dip...


all the grandgirls:

out of order - edie showing me the paper snowball she made me:

Edie wanted to hide Puppy on this high shelf and biggest cousin Christopher helped her out. There is something about these older boys that my girls just adore :)

I think this one is just beautiful


helping aunt gegi - both of them love to help in the kitchen!!



everyone:


We didn't realize it was snowing outside all during Christmas dinner, but when we left we found at least a foot of new snow! One of those magical times where the snow is falling heavy and soft, a pinkish light in the sky.  So beautiful!  Below is the governor's mansion which the girls request to drive by every time we are out.


***

No comments: