1.12.2013

*day in Boston

I just found this unpublished post with pictures of our day in Boston when we went for the interview.  The train was a 10 minute walk from campus and then a 15 minute ride to Boston Commons (I think that's what it was called?).  We spent the day walking along the freedom trail and going into historic churches, graveyards, famous eateries and shops to warm up.  We walked at least 6 miles in blowing wind and snow in about 24 degrees - good thing we didn't have the girls with us!  This was the only time I have ever visited Boston - I am so excited to get to know it!!!!





Here is Ben in heaven.  He reminded me of his dad here :)


The Green Dragon Tavern where Paul Revere and someone did something related to starting the revolution [I obviously need to read up on it all].  You can order a Freedom Trail hotdog or a Liberty Nacho plate... I got french onion soup and Ben got -- lobster.


We had dinner that night in the North End Italian district.   Our dinner was good, but not amaazing.  I went off some Chowhound suggestions - a little disappointing.  It was still a good time - super cozy and busy.  I was taking a sly picture here of the hostess who looked like she stepped out of 1982 Italy.


A beautiful room in the Boston Public library.  Carson City just turned down a thing on the ballot for a nice new library - people said libraries are obsolete which I totally disagree with.  Just visit a library like this or Salt Lake's amazing Main library!!


Yeah, who uses libraries?  :)


We picked up one these "lobster claws" recommended by Auntie Carol from the Modern Pastry shop and took it back to our apartment. Sooo good. Kind of gives you a stomach ache :)


On the train, lobster claw in hand. I am looking forward to city living!



Ben is already there - girls and I arrive the 22nd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do hope you love Boston. My sisters job sent her there for several months over 15 years ago and she has always said she would welcome the chance to go back. I've been there once too.