4.16.2013

*night out



Ben and I were able to go up to Boston on Saturday night for a little date which turned out to be my favorite night out so far here [at the time... quite a bit of sadness mixed in now].  We took the train and got off at the first Cambridge stop and then walked from there along the water, crossing the bridge back into the Back Bay [I think that's what it's called].. we walked along the beautiful Commonwealth Avenue lined with gorgeous, historic red brick mansions.  There was definitely a festivity in the air with the marathon two days away - lots of runners, lots of people wearing past years' "Boston Marathon" jackets, supporters already carrying their signs.  We had a really amazing dinner at the Island Creek Oyster Bar and ended up talking a while with the older woman next to us who was running the marathon for her second time.  It's so sad to think how happy and excited everyone was and how horribly it all ended, how this event will never be the same and many many lives will never be the same.

Thankfully we did not go up to see the marathon, though I considered it after hearing that it is the best day of the year here, that it is just so much fun.  I don't know anyone that was injured, though the little boy who was killed lives in the neighborhood where I attend a Bible study and I'm sure I know people that knew him.  I don't really have any words, just a deep sadness and loss for words.  I am really looking forward to church on Sunday - our pastor is really an amazing and smart man and I know he will have encouraging words.  Meanwhile just praying and praying for the families affected and for this world to know the peace of Jesus Christ!


Anyway, here are some pictures - the city looked just beautiful and we really enjoyed getting to know it a little better.








This place had like 20 different species/locales of oysters to choose from!  It was really a fancy, swanky place and we had a great dinner, a great night.  Thank you Mike and Rosie for gifting us a date night ♥

No comments: