4.01.2013

*La Pascua - 2013

We had a really wonderful - and quite busy - Easter this year. We went to two different Easter "eggstravanganzas" at local churches over the last two Saturdays, which were tolerable for me and incredibly fun for them : )

Do you know how happy Vera is to have her face painted like a bunny??  Edie had a little Hello Kitty on her hand which she was real proud of too.


Painting eggs at home Saturday morning:



Liz and Stephen arrived from CT (3 hour drive) on Saturday. We had lunch at our apartment and then took the train up to Boston to walk around and have a little snack in the North End.  I am only posting this picture because I am in it!  A rareity.



Making snowflakes back at the apartment. I am so embarrassed to have guests in this place, but everyone so far has been very gracious :)


We headed up to Park Street Church in Boston for Easter service. It was really really beautiful - such an incredibly meaningful and joyous day Easter is.  I could barely sing the words to the hymns because of the lump in my throat!

You could hear the music and the trumpets loud and clear from outside. Made me happy.






Afterward, we walked a bit in the Boston Commons and let the girls play at the playground. It was the warmest day we've had so far which was so welcome.  I am SOTIRED of the cold. so . so. tired.  :)



Vera wore this little dress when I was pregnant with Edie!

They were so cute playing together - Vera can be such a loving, wonderful, protective big sister.



Liz and Stephen left at lunch time and we all rested.  After a crazy night before [puppy went missing!! he was found after church] I was gifted with a nice nap from Edie.  Of course we paid for that at bedtime but that's another story. I was thankful for the afternoon break.


We had a really nice dinner with the McCoys and a few other couples from the college.  The kids had tons of fun hiding eggs over and over and over.  So thankful for them here - they feel like family.

A very memorable first Massachusetts Easter!

No comments: