8.18.2013

*summer trip part 3

The last part of our trip we spent down in Orange County.  In case you're wondering, we flew into OC, drove to Tahoe the next day in Ben's parents' minivan [flight went well, drive was AWful], from there drove to Rock Creek and from there back down to OC.  Another great time of hanging out with family and friends, Vera's birthday, lots of beach time, good food [ie. Mexican], etc.  I didn't get a ton of pictures because I kept having to delete to take more!

Matty bought a big kiddie pool for the backyard, it was so much fun!! 


Granny is doing well at 101.5!


We left the girls with Mike and Rosie and had a fun night out to dinner and playing cards at Melissa's place in Long Beach:




We met up with a bunch of friends at San Onofre State Park. Vera borrowed Nate's wetsuit and had so much fun riding the waves in with her daddy!


These two get along so well!


Melissa gave Vera pink and teal hair chalk.. I probably don't have to tell you that it is in her top gifts of all time!  This was when she was just getting started...





I have a wonderful new friend out in MA who I met through my good friend Megan from Point Loma - she's from San Clemente and was home so we all met up one day! It was so much fun and the little ones got along really well.  The picture of us moms turned out terribly :(


Vera and Eden really clicked this time, it was awesome!  Eden is an amazing little girl - Vera was inspired by her to really start swimming and also to get up on a paddle board.


We met up with them again at this amazing little beach in Dana Point - I want to go here every time we are in California!!

 




Girls went out for corndogs and chowda when we were up in Long Beach...


Met up with Heather in Santa Monica - goodness, I love my friends and am so glad we've remained close for so many years!




Tia came out for a quick visit from Utah.  Oh Tia, we love her so so much.  Seriously, talking to her on the phone or even talking about her I get tears in my eyes. Such a special time that was living next to her in SLC. She's selling her house there and while I'm glad for her, it breaks my heart to think we can't go back and see her there in her house, her yard.



One more post coming!  Who's still watching?

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Me! Me! But you probably guessed that:) Looks like such a great adventure (great and exhausting- I applaud you!). I'm ready for a vacation!

Megan Walla said...

I am!! Such beautiful pics Anne! And I love the story about Edie's hair! So classic!!

Ryan. Beth. Pierce. Paige. Ollie. said...

what an amazing time!!