3.21.2014

*casi 3.5

Edie will be 3.5 in April. It's amazing how different she and Vera are at this age.  For example - Edie rarely gets into our dress up box whereas Vera was in a princess dress or ballerina/superstar getup every minute of the day.  When Edie does dress up, it's usually in her puppy Halloween costume or some very strange combination. Tonight she came into my room in her feetie pajamas with fairy wings, a grass skirt and holding a pom-pom.  She is very deliberate when she dresses herself in the morning - she likes to look pretty and fancy every day, wearing dresses, skirts, fancy "jewelry shoes", her "dotty" tights and putting her "lip bom" on. She avoids having her hair brushed and I often forget or don't have time to get around to it - anyway it adds to her character.

I've been noting down some of the funny things this little stinkah says over the last couple months to record here. Just lately I've noticed her Boston accent is disappearing.  She still has trouble with 'R's but now it's more like... the oo sound in 'should' - like when she says 'dirt' or 'skirt'.  Or words like hair are 'hey-air'. Just writing this down so I remember :)  It's so sad when they grow up and these things disappear!

Anyway here are some notable quotes from our little stinkah:

Me: Edie please get that noodle off the floor.
Edie: I'm afraid I don't want to.

[while driving] Oh no, mom!  Someone put a bag they're not losing [using] on a bush.  That's called glittering.

Edie to Ruth: You selfish little baby [said in a very sweet tone].
Me: Edie, she's not selfish.
E: Well Rapunzel's mom is selfish. That means she has black hay-er.

Me: Edie, you have such pretty eyes!
E: Well yours aren't very pretty.

I barely ate lots of sugar. [did I share this one before?]

[with a grin on her face - this was many months ago] Mom, sometimes when I'm in my bed I dream that Vera doesn't get anything.



4 comments:

jessie said...

Oh my goodnesssss. These just made my morning. Such a tute little stinkah. So glad you're writing these down.

Jenny said...

Ahahaha, every one made me giggle out loud! Keep writing them down!!

Allison G. said...

She is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs and cuteness. :)

Mackenzie said...

i love her.