3.07.2014

*un mesito

Ruth is a whole month old today!  That is so crazy.  I can't believe we've made it through four whole weeks.  I've had four weeks of nights up feeding this little one?? I guess I've made it through and that's encouraging.  She's grown and we've survived and ate meals and done laundry and gotten homework done and off to school - it's amazing.

She's a sweet little thing and we all love her so much.  I wouldn't say she's one of those mystical "she only cries when she's tired or hungry" kind of babies, but she hasn't been tooo difficult. Definitely prefers to be held most of the day and nurses pretty often.  At night she sleeps one incredible stretch of sleep in her own crib (from 8pm-1am!) and then won't go back down unless she is in bed with me in the crook of my arm. I wake at some point to slide her off onto the bed and she's up usually twice more [a couple days this week she fussed and fussed all night. So tired I wanted to die]. Ben slept with Edie for a couple weeks and is now in the guest room - sad, but better sleep for all. Nursing is going great and doesn't hurt at all!!! Thank you LORD.  She's even gained a little over a pound.

She's made cute little happy looks/expressions/near smiles since a little over a week old and they are becoming much more frequent which is so much fun.  I love how new babies look like they want to tell you something soo badly and have to work so hard to get a little sound out, so cute.

Poor sweetheart woke up with some horrible baby acne the other day - hoping it clears up as quickly as they say it does.


***





No comments: