9.30.2009

*2 and 1/8


*imagination is growing. other day she told me there were porcupines in her little coin purse. lots of 'em. likes to pretend she's a butterfly (as in the picture) or a bucking horse or a penguin.

*loves the books: monkey and me, little pea, little mommy, are you my mother?, cordouroy, and ladybug's gift.

*loves to talk on the phone and is pretty good about answering questions correctly. She alllways wants to call MimiSam.
*has been copying a lot of our words apparently and says, "one second!" and "after this!" when we ask her to do something. she also bosses her animals around, I've heard her tell bunny, "no, never [touch this]!"

*has been talking to her reflection in the mirror. I overhear her saying "name, Vera. uh-huh. right back!" or telling parts of her day like "mimi sam, mycycle (tricycle) 2 of 'em!!"
*naps and goes to bed easily still!

*has good and bad potty-training days. yesterday bad, today great! diapers for sleep.

*continues to make mommy/daddy/baby families out of everything: pumpkins, stuffed animals (monkey=daddy, bunny=mommy and hello kitty=baby), trees...

*still loves signing time. we get a new one every week or so at the library - she has learned so much! it amazes me how she remembers the signs and often uses them while she says the words. I highly recommend the program!